Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Crushed

I was hoping I wouldn't have to write here again. But Matches Malone never truly goes away.


I haven't spent much time in Park Row of late, because I was trying to reach for the light and trying to rebuild this mess of a life. It has not been easy, but with every step that I clawed my way forward, I could feel myself getting stronger. There were obstacles but I said fuck that, I am going to stand tall and let the cards fall how they may.


It went well for a while, so much so that when someone reached out to me for help, I reached out as well, despite my better judgement. I listened, I sympathised, I comforted, I consoled, I cared.


But it only takes one word from you to tear me down. I am the strongest man in the eyes of my peers. I am honest, I am constant, I am undeterred, I am, of all things, light in a dark world. But one word from you, and I am crushed.


Stubborn determination that is mistaken for strength, is not strength at all.

3 comments:

Seesaw said...

Not happy you're feeling this way, but happy you wrote again. Somehow I really enjoy your writing.

We all have our achilles heels :-/ Manage with stubborn determination till you get back up again.

Guiding Spirit said...

"I am the strongest man in the eyes of my peers. I am honest, I am constant, I am undeterred, I am, of all things, light in a dark world." Concentrate hard enough on this part of you and perhaps that one word will cease to matter.

And as Seesaw says, manage with stubborn determination and it will turn to strength before you know it ... take care ...

Matches Malone said...

thank you both for your comments.