Monday, July 5, 2010

Fake Forwards

I got this sickeningly sappy email at work today. It was a slide show, with pictures of flowers on each slide along with a saying that was supposed to 'warm and melt my heart'. Let me share a few.

"The only reason that anyone would hate you, is because they want to be just like you"

"A smile from you can bring happiness to anyone, even if they do not like you"

"You are special and unique. Someone you don't even know, LOVES you"

"Always remember the compliments you receive, forget about the rude remarks"

"I would rather have one rose and a kind word from a friend while I am here, than a whole truckload when I am gone"


You have got to be joking. I don't know which is worse, the fact that someone actually expects hearts to 'melt' while reading this or the fact that someones heart probably did.


There are lot of reasons someone would hate you. The trick is to figure out what they are and bury them.

Sure, keep smiling, but remember nothing gets you through life better than a good poker face.

You are special and unique. But 'someone you don't even know' probably doesn't know that. That same somone probably never will.

9 times out of 10, those rude remarks are more constructive than any flowery compliment. Ignore at your own peril.



As for the last one - I agree.

The biggest question in life is not "why are we here?", but rather, "who will miss me when I'm gone?". I don't necessarily mean that in a morbid way, it's applicable to any situation not just death. I like to kid myself into thinking I'm 'special and unique' and that every situation would be the worse without me, but life is about realising where we are needed and where we are not; where we are wanted, and where we are not.

... and who needs us, and who does not; who wants us, and who does not..

Yeah, let me see you forward that...

No comments: