Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Brick By Brick

What do you do when she's dreaming of someone else?

When her thoughts of fondness no longer revolve around you? When she yearns for a better time and place, a time and place that you were not a part of?

What do you say when you can't return but you can't bear to be replaced?

It is a poisonous pill, one that I have swallowed before. The bitterness, now washed away by love, time and reconciliation, is not easy to forget.

I am much too fair in my dealings with the fairer sex. Much to lenient, much to caring. Being selfish has its perks.

So let me ask you again; what do you do when she picks up the phone to call you for movies, but calls someone else for her problems?

What do you do when she laughs a little less heartily around you than when she's around another?

What do you do when you have done your best to be immovable, dependable, constant - and yet, all you have done is become emotionless, defiant, and cold?

Brick by brick I let you gently bring my walls down.

Brick by brick you build them back up around me now.

Brick by brick I return to the shadows that are my home.

5 comments:

Gehan said...

dude..! i (sadly) can identify with this, sorta..

sorry, no answers here :)

Dee said...

Sad. :( I've been that girl.

But now I regret the times I've done that. Luckily he never me let go. But if it doesn't seem like she's ever going to realize, maybe its time you did.

Seesaw said...

I was here, and I realised someone else makes them happier, and I didn't want to be second best.

Don't become emotionless, defiant and cold! Nothing is worth that...

Matches Malone said...

seesaw-- i fear you are too late.

Seesaw said...

Nooooooooo.....! (ominous music plays, the crowd gasps collectively, and a hand reaches out to pull you back)

NOW what are you gonna do when you meet the one who dreams of you at the same time you dream of her?!