Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Return To The Scene Of The Crime

I do not enjoy my return trips to Park Row. But I understand them.

I wonder if anyone is curious about ‘Park Row’. Park Row is a silent, empty and desolate place. There are not many people here, but those that are here keep to themselves.

Park Row is the place that changed my life. For the better or for the worse, time alone will tell.

As I said earlier, I do not enjoy returning to Park Row, especially since I do not spend all my time here. I have my ‘good days’, days where I allow the sun to shine through once in a while. Days where I can enjoy myself a little bit, and almost forget about this side of town.

But I always return. Either I am forced, or I am drawn back.

I think it’s important to remember your past, remember the heartbreak, the wounds, the scars, the fights, the wars – which is why I always return here. I stand on that corner, looking down the street again, and I pay my respects.

I don’t enjoy returning here. But I understand it.

No comments: